Care & Retirement Living Conference Agenda
The Leading Conference for the Care Homes and Retirement Living Sector takes place on Tuesday 27th November 2018 at De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, London WC2
- Returning for an 9th Year, the largest event for the sector - join hundreds of the leading players in Retirement Living Property
- Following a record audience last year of almost 500 delegates, we are expecting this to grow in 2018 as the sector continues to expand, find out why on 27th November
- Over the last nine years this Conference has become established as the must attend event for those operating in, developing in, investing in, or working with, Care Homes and Retirement Living in the UK.
- The day provides a detailed update on the different Senior Living Markets, looks where investment is coming from, and crucially analyses where the opportunities are for both those investing and operating in the sector.
- Excellent High level networking opportunities with hundreds of the leading players in the Retirement Living Property Sector attending
This event is likely to sell out again so please book early to guarantee your place.
To see who attends please click here
Care Homes & Retirement Living Conference 2018
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, 61 - 65 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA
9.30am – Morning Session: Includes Networking Coffee Break
- Understanding the Investment Growth in Retirement Housing, Assisted Living, Retirement Living Villages & Extra Care
- Busting the Myths in Retirement Living Property – what is true, what isn’t and where is it going?
- Where do we see the long term split for ownership, rental and other models in Retirement Living?
- Where are the biggest opportunities for the future?
- Looking in more detail at Retirement Housing, Assisted Living, Retirement Living Villages, Extra Care and Care Homes – how is the market segmented and which areas are the biggest opportunities and why?
- Why have we seen so much recent interest in these markets?
- Where does each fit and where are the big opportunities for investors in these markets?
- How might the market evolve over the next ten years?
- Where will the scale come from and how can it be achieved?
- The Care Home Market for Older People - Then, Now and the Future
- Over the past 10 years, the appetite for care home development has accelerated dramatically.
- But, what were care homes like before the latest generation of purpose built homes began to emerge?
- What does the care home of 2017 look like and what factors have driven its development?
- Looking forward, how will care homes continue to evolve and what can operators learn from the retirement housing market?
- Finding the right Site & Location for Senior Living Property – what works and what doesn’t?
- What lessons have been learnt?
- Building a Care Home Portfolio – How do you start up an operation and build an Investment?
- What are the key concerns for investors when it comes to Care Home & Retirement Living markets and how can these concerns be confronted and addressed?
- How do you get into the market, is there more money than opportunity & where is the smart second tier opportunity?
- To Care or Not to Care – Should an investor look to construct a care operation/partner with an operator or rent a property on a lease to an operator? What are the Pros & Cons of each approach?
- How does an investor build a strategy to align itself with the right operator?
- How do you reduce reputational risk & deliver strong returns?
- Case Studies of the different approaches
- Understanding the Political will for the Retirement Living Sector
- How does a sophisticated Senior Living property sector financially stack up for the UK when it comes to domiciliary care, social care and in a housing sense?
- Where does the Competition & Markets Authority (CMA) review fit in and what does it’s interim report tell us?
- Where are we with planning and regulation in the sector & what is needed to deliver more Retirement Housing?
- Understanding the Planning advantages of Retirement Living Property and where it fits into the planning system
- Where does the solution lie to achieving the necessary scale?
- Where do the Government fit in, where do operators fit in, where do Housebuilders fit in and where do investors fit in?
- The Principles of Valuation with Retirement Living Property
- How do you value Retirement Living Property & Retirement Living Business?
- With Event Fees now legally defined, how do you value the long term income from these?
- How should the operational business model be delivered & what do investors & operators need to consider?
- Understanding what the Retirement Living Product is and who the target market are
- How large is the market and what products are there buyers looking for?
- What is the typical demographic?
- What kind of products are likely to attract these buyers and how is this market likely to evolve?
- Where do the buyers come from & does this sector of the market face similar challenges to straight Residential when it comes to Delivery & Planning?
- The London Market for Retirement Living
- What is needed from an urban product and what can be delivered?
- How big is the market and what is it’s potential?
- The Future of a Private Rented & Build to Rent Model in the Retirement Living Sector
- How does this work as an investment proposition and how much growth is expected in this market in the longer term?
- Revolutionising the marketing of Retirement Living Property
- How should we really market to 21st Century Older people?
1.20pm - Networking Lunch Session
2.20pm – Afternoon Session
- Designing a Business Model that works for 21st Century Retirement Living
- Understanding the interaction with the Secondary Housing Market
- Do we need to change the approach to modernise and deliver real housing for older people, or even revolutionise?
- Do we need to offer a range of tenure options?
- What areas and regions provide the real opportunity areas to deliver large scale retirement living operations?
- Where do the large Housebuilders fit into the Retirement Living Sector and are they key to achieving the kind of scale required?
- How can we deliver large scale Retirement Living in urban areas?
- What could London and other large UK cities learn from other Worldwide Cities when it comes to delivering high density Retirement Living in the City & Suburban areas?
- Could the UK really achieve this and what would need to be delivered?
- Do large towers work for retirement property and how do older people view height and scale when it comes to choosing a home?
- How do we change the mentality of the UK so that large scale retirement living, in Urban areas, is more common?
- Getting the Operation Side of the Business Spot on – what is really Required?
- What are the older market looking for in facilities, management & Product?
- What can we learn from more mature markets overseas when it comes to management?
- Investor Panel Session – where is the money coming from & what is the appetite for Senior Living Property?
- The Future of Investment and Funding into the UK Senior Living Markets, who will be involved and what will attract investment?
- What trends are starting to appear when it comes to investment and where is it coming from?
- What assets are currently of particular interest?
- Is there interest in difficult assets?
- How established are capital markets in Care Homes Investment?
- Understanding what the fund managers want
- Looking at US Reits and Overseas money and why it is coming in
- Risk or Return - which is the preferred route?
- The funders view on the market - what is currently fundable?
- Where do investors stand on Retirement Living Rental Models?
- Will these become mainstream & how?
- How is investment in Retirement Villages evolving and is this an opportunity area?
- The New Entrant view – why are they interested in the market?
- Future of the Sector – Looking at how New Ideas, Revolutions & Technology will change the Sector
- What modern inventions & technologies might become mainstream and revolutionise the way care is delivered & the needs of older people are met?
- Will technology play a big role in treatment for older people going forward and how much integration do we expect in future stock in the sector?
- Where will off site and modular construction fit into the market and & what other construction advantages should operators & investors be looking at?
- What kind of buildings and communities should the forward-thinking operator be building & how might this evolve in the future?
- What is the future for Retirement Living Rental Models?
- How do we provide a product that is attractive and affordable for the middle market?
- How might this sector of the market develop over the next ten years and what opportunities will it provide?
- Does the Real Opportunity Area in Housing for Older people lie with the Not for Profit Provider?
- Can the long term view taken by Not for Profits provide a more secure investment stream?
- What does the future of the market hold – what kind of products will providers focus on?
- What does this mean for assisted living products, retirement living communities & Care Homes themselves?
- Are there emerging investment opportunities for Joint Ventures between the Public & Private Sectors?
- Technology – what exists, what is coming, what is game changing, and what can be delivered in a cost effective manner?
Close and Networking Drinks Session for Speakers & Attendees, Sponsored by GVA
To see who attends this event: click here
This event is also eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit
To learn how to book a place, please click here